Thursday 30 March 2017

Tim Curry Audio Interview from the set of Stephen King's It (1990)

A Rare Tim Curry Audio Interview from Set of 1990 ‘IT’ Miniseries Has Surfaced.

Former Fangoria correspondent Steve Newton, who now runs a blog primarily about music, recently shared a snippet of an audio interview he conducted with Curry on the set of Tommy Lee Wallace’s IT back in 1990. Newton got to share lunch and a quick chat with Curry on the set in Vancouver’s Stanley Park.
"As the Vancouver correspondent for Fangoria magazine back in 1990, when the TV miniseries was shot, I got to go on the set in Stanley Park and hang with Curry while he had lunch, to get the scoop on his role. And quite a scoop it was. Curry doesn’t do that many interviews, and I think Fango was the only publication he talked to about IT.
Not one to throw stuff away, I’ve kept almost all of my interviews over the years, and fortunately the cheap-ass, 90-minute, Hong Kong-made cassette I recorded the IT set-visit on still works. So here’s an excerpt of my 20-minute interview with Tim Curry, which begins with me making a major faux pas by calling his character Pennywhistle instead of Pennywise. What a dweeb, eh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment